I realize there are 3 things that have changed the face of my retirement sooo much from the last generation:
1. Technology - The internet has become my Boomer career. Not only do I live and breathe in this website but I also spend an incredible amount of time trying to increase my exposure and thus chances of selling homes through internet farming and SEO for my Real Estate business.
2. Technology - Now that I am basically retired i can do whatever I want, right? That means I can shop when I want, I can go to the movies when I want, I can eat where I want and I can travel when I want. If I want to do something now (which I have my own permission to do) I turn first to the internet to research the best alternatives before I do anything. I don't shop for anything without first finding the best deals...and then I look for discount coupons to boot. I don't go to the movies without first checking out what's playing at the local theaters and what movies have the highest ratings. I don't eat without checking out the local restaurant specials and what discounts they offer. I certainly won't travel without spending hours researching where I want to go, what I can do when I get there, where I should stay, eat and spend my money and once again, what discounts are available.
3. Technology - Now that I'm getting a little older, my body seems to have a mind of it's own. It makes new and interesting noises when I get out of bed in the morning. It let's me know that I have been using and abusing it for 50 odd years. Where once I was a constant standing monument to manhood now I've become a rather impassive and distracted old soul that is contemplating massive hormone therapies. But, Thanks to the internet, I am my own worst doctor. I can look up what ailments are bugging me and what to do to combat them. Where our past generations were in the dark about their health problems and many felt they were the only person on earth to suffer through the embarrassment of plaque psoriasis, male pattern balding or erectile dysfunction issues, now I know for sure, because of the technology of the internet, that I am just like 52% of world population suffering from some form of male "performance" issues.
Yep, it's tough to be a man nowadays. But at least, because of the miracles of modern technology, I know I am not alone. Why don't you check out the great articles in this week's "Baby Boomer Guidebook" that talk about just this same subject.
- First, there's an interesting article by Tucker Smith from the website Tech Crunch Daily called "Technology is Changing How We Retire" for an in depth look at how each generation uses technology to guide their financial decisions.
- Just as interesting is an article from the website Government Technology called "White House Prescribes 12 Tech Remedies for Aging Baby Boomers" written by Jason Shueh.
It's easy to tell them about it......
Forward it on to them or just email them my blog link at www.survive55.com.
The more Baby Boomers we can help, the better place we make this world !!!